1 network is cheaper than 2. 2 networks are cheaper than 4. Minister Miao Wei tells the telcos to "promote the sharing of 5G networks," and issues a detailed set of directions for how that should be done. (Below) Miao placed sharing second after, "accelerating the pave of 5G commercialization was listed before sharing." At left: Miao Wei (with glasses) smiles as he hands a 5G license to China Mobile.
China already shares towers in a separate company. The European regulators at BEREC estimate that brings down costs by 16% to 33% when two share. The interesting addition in the directions below is that indoor radios should also be shared, a farsighted opinion.
Comrade Miao also, "should thoroughly study and implement Xi Jinping's new era of socialism with Chinese characteristics, and resolutely implement the decision-making arrangements of the Party Central Committee." Of course.
Thanks to CWW.net.cn for the text. It's an excellent site. (In Google translation)
"Implementation Opinions on Promoting the Co-construction and Sharing of Telecommunication Infrastructure in 2019."
The document pointed out that in 2019, the joint construction and sharing of telecommunications infrastructure will continue to enhance the level of resources, build and share, and effectively support the high-quality development of the industry, strengthen the coordination of intensive construction and stock resource sharing, and expand privately across the industry. To ensure the right to communicate and fair access to communications infrastructure, and to promote cost reduction and efficiency.
1. Joint construction and sharing of facilities such as iron towers and indoor distribution systems
(1) Strengthening the overall demand for iron tower construction. China Tower has strengthened the construction of traditional passive indoor distribution systems for supporting facilities such as towers, computer rooms and other base stations and public transportation (metro, railway, expressway, airport, station) and building and building key areas. .
(2) Accelerate the planning of 5G base station sites. The basic telecommunications enterprises should promptly propose the 5G base station site requirements according to the 5G service development needs and network planning. Encourage basic telecommunications enterprises and iron tower companies to intensively use the existing base station sites, street lamp poles, monitoring poles and other public facilities in accordance with the principle of “planning first, demand leading, market-oriented cooperation”, and reserve 5G site resources in advance. Encourage other independent tower operators to make full use of various open and shared facilities to participate in the construction of 5G base station sites.
(3) Strengthening the two-way open sharing of resources. Basic telecommunications companies and tower companies should use social tower resources such as street lights, monitoring, traffic instructions, etc., give full play to their own advantages, and carry out micro (small) base station construction in accordance with the principle of marketization; encourage enterprises to actively communicate with municipal, public security, transportation and other departments. And strive for the social tower resources under the jurisdiction of the opening of communication infrastructure. Encourage basic telecommunications companies and tower companies to expand cooperation areas with power and railway industries, promote open and shared resources, and effectively reduce network construction costs and facility rental costs.
(4) Strictly control the new exclusive construction of the tower.
(5) Promote joint access to key places.
(vi) Strengthen data statistics and information reporting.
(7) Strengthening the construction of safe production management.
Second, the residential community, commercial buildings, communication facilities, joint construction and sharing
(8) Strictly implement the requirements of national standards.
(9) Eliminating the monopoly of broadband in commercial buildings. The communication supporting facilities in commercial buildings shall be open to all telecom operators. All units shall not force users to accept designated services and charges, and shall not restrict users' freedom of choice.
(10) Actively promote the sharing of co-dimensional pilots. Encourage all kinds of telecommunications operators to actively promote the sharing of multi-dimensional pilot facilities for communication facilities in residential quarters, and further improve the quality of telecommunications services and user experience.
Third, poles, pipelines and other facilities to build and share
(11) Strengthening the sharing and sharing of transmission resources. All enterprises have existing poles, pipelines, base station sites and computer rooms, base station access transmission lines, submarine cable core resources, and international submarine cable landing station transmission and lead resources, etc., sharing conditions must be open and shared.
(12) Deepen cross-industry construction and sharing. Basic telecommunications companies should strengthen communication and cooperation with municipal, electric power, railway, highway and other related enterprises as well as relevant military departments to enhance the level of cross-industry infrastructure construction and sharing.
Fourth, assessment and supervision
(13) Assessment indicators and assessment measures. The sharing rate of pole roads, pipelines and indoor distribution systems is not less than 70%, 45% and 45% respectively; the joint construction rate is not less than 30%, 40% and 35% respectively; the sharing rate of the new towers of the tower is not lower than 75% [New Tower Site Sharing Rate = New Shared Tower / (New Exclusive Tower + New Shared Tower)].
(14) Violation and punishment measures
V. Safeguard measures
(15) Continuously improve the working mechanism. All management bureaus should strengthen the organization, guidance and coordination of the joint construction and sharing of telecommunications infrastructure in the region, and constantly improve the coordination mechanism for joint construction and sharing; it is necessary to combine provincial radio and television enterprises, broadband access network pilot enterprises, and other independent iron tower operators. The main body is included in the corresponding co-construction and sharing coordination mechanism, and local relevant departments are invited to participate in the joint construction and coordination mechanism.
(16) Strengthen the construction of information systems. The management bureaus should further improve the telecommunications infrastructure co-construction and sharing system in the region, and integrate macro-base stations, micro-small base stations, indoor distribution systems, poles, pipelines and other infrastructure resources into a unified resource database to build infrastructure. The “one map” of resources will enable the investigation and construction of the existing telecommunications infrastructure resources in the region.
(17) The implementation of the protection plan will be implemented. All management bureaus should strengthen communication and coordination with relevant local departments, promote the integration of 5G base stations and various information infrastructure into urban and rural planning and overall land use planning, and strictly implement them in control detailed planning; strengthen the planning of various types of infrastructure. Link up and promote the local authorities to solicit opinions from the local communications administration when preparing and approving various infrastructure plans such as roads, railways, subways, airports, development zones, and parks.
(18) Promote open sharing of resources. The management bureaus should promote the coordination and support of local governments, implement the free opening of government agencies, institutions, and public areas owned by state-owned enterprises to the construction of information infrastructure, and coordinate roads, railways, ports, bridges, airports, subways, etc. Facilitate the construction of information infrastructure and standardize resource rental fees; strengthen communication and coordination with local housing and urban construction, market supervision and management, and jointly promote the special rectification of broadband monopoly of commercial buildings.
(19) Increase the intensity of supervision and assessment.